Sunday, September 9, 2012

She's the Man


              I chose the movie "She's the Man" as my Shakespeare appropriation, because I didn't know it was based on one of Shakespeare's works until recently even though I saw the movie a while ago. This movie is based on "Twelfth Night," which I have never read. That's probably the reason why I never realized the two are actually very similar. After doing a little research, I found out the basic plots are similar. I found it interesting to find out that most of the characters' names are also the same. There are also references to "Twelfth Night" in the movie. Even though a lot of the things in the movie and play are similar, there are quite a few differences. Now I'm even more excited to read "Twelfth Night" sometime so that I can compare and contrast the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment